If you are a photographer with a collection of food images, or a food blogger with an ever expanding collection of photographs, then we would love to hear from you. You may never have submitted to a stock library before, and that is fine, we can answer any queries you may have.
So why work with The Picture Pantry?
- All images are licensed at premium pricing. We achieve this through our unique collection of beautiful food images. In order to remain unique, we ask that any images submitted to The Picture Pantry aren't also submitted to other stock libraries. This is the only way to remain unique in an industry of millions of images. We prefer to compete on quality, as opposed to price.
- You receive one of the highest percentage rates from any library - 50% of every image licensed is yours, and we pay you every month.
- We are very selective, and therefore smaller than the libraries that have millions of non-curated images. So your work makes for a larger percentage of the overall collection. Therefore, you have more chance of selling images, and making commission. Ideally, you will have a set of images ready to go.
- The Picture Pantry is run by photographers, for photographers and pricing is based on 15 years experience of the digital stock world.
- We distribute your images world wide through premier partner agencies, ensuring sales in distant places that would usually be difficult to reach without a local representative in that country. At the request of our photographers, we also distribute your non-food images, if required. As we are unique, we negotiate benefits on your behalf, such as enhanced search positioning and higher commission rates - all of which benefit you. We also arrange all legal documentation and contractual arrangements.
- We are particularly keen on receiving images from both active food bloggers/content creators with a good eye for photography, and professional photographers, who are producing modern looking photography. We try to retain a very stylish appearance with our images, so have a good look through the library to get a feel for our tastes.
- Our fees to clients are in British pounds, and this is how we pay our contributors through Paypal or Skrill (so you will also need a Paypal or Skrill account, where you can also convert earnings to your local currency if you wish).
- Please download our technical requirements, but essentially we are after your largest files that are captioned and keyworded.
Firstly, have a good look through our images. You will notice we have a definite style that shines through. These are the types of images we are known for, and which we can sell to our established client base. If you think your food photography will sit well within the collection, then that is perfect.
To get started, simply send us 3-5 high resolution images, either one JPEG per email, or you can use Dropbox/WeTransfer etc. If you prefer, you can send us a link to your website, although we would need to see some high resolution files prior to being accepted as a contributor. Once your style and images are approved, you will be sent a contract, and we are then good to go! If you would like to look at the contract now, you can see it here.
If you have any queries, or would like to start sending some sample images, please feel free to get in touch with Craig Holmes, the Photographic Partner at The Picture Pantry. You can also email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. If you are an existing contributor, please go to www.thepicturepantry.net to upload your images, using the password you were issued. If you have forgotten it, please get in touch and we can re-send it you.